Together2, like many other organisations, owes a large part of our impact to our incredible volunteers!
From helping us run our community programs and activities, to providing much-needed support to our centres and the people we work with, our volunteers help us make a difference every day.
And volunteering doesn’t just help the organisation or the people we work with – but it also gives amazing benefits to the volunteer too – a Win Win Win!
What better way is there to connect with your community than through volunteering?
If you have some spare time you want to fill, have just moved into the area and want to meet people, or have a real passion for positively impacting lives – volunteering is for you.
Ways to Volunteer with together2
Did you know that we have many different community activities that always need a helping hand?
- Share bread and a smile with the neighbourhood on Wednesday’s ‘Breadnesday’
- Give a helping hand to the community by handing out fresh fruit and veg at our Pop Up Pantry
- Engage with the local youth by helping out at one of our Youth Programs
- Cook up a storm with us at one of our monthly FREE Community BBQs
- And more!
From an hour a week to as much as you want, there is something for everyone to get involved with here at together2. Join in community activities, get to know your neighbourhood and know you are making a difference.
Want to find out more or get involved?
Give us a call on 02 9556 9500 or drop in to have a chat. There is a place for you here.
The Amazing Benefits Of Volunteering
Volunteering is awesome! Not only does it help make the world a better place, but it can also bring heaps of personal benefits. You can develop new skills, meet new people, and gain a sense of fulfilment by giving your time and energy to a cause or organisation you care about. Plus, it’s a fantastic way to reduce stress, boost your happiness, and improve your mental and physical health.
Whether you’re lending a hand at a local food bank, joining a community cleanup or volunteering with us here at together2, volunteering is a win-win situation.
Here are some reasons to give volunteering a try…
- Make a difference: Volunteering is a chance to make a positive impact in the world, just using your time and whatever you have to give. Whether you’re cleaning up your neighbourhood, mentoring a child, or helping out at a local animal shelter, your efforts can make a real difference to the lives of the people around you.
- Learn new skills: Volunteering is a great way to develop new skills and gain valuable experience. You can learn everything from event planning to public speaking to fundraising, all while making a difference in your community.
- Meet new people: Volunteering is a fantastic way to meet new people and expand your social circle. You’ll work alongside other volunteers who share your passion for making the world a better place, and you might just make some lifelong friends in the process.
- Boost your happiness: Studies have shown that volunteering can have a positive impact on mental health and happiness. When you give your time and energy to a cause you care about, you’ll feel a sense of purpose and fulfilment that can improve your overall well-being.
- Have fun! Last but not least, volunteering can be a lot of fun! Whether you’re participating in a charity run, organising a fundraiser, or simply spending time with others who share your interests, volunteering is a chance to have a good time while making a difference. And we can guarantee that you’ll have a good time when you volunteer with us!
Want to give it a shot and experience the benefits, for yourself and for the people around you?
Just get in touch with us for a chat about what interests you, why you want to volunteer and how you can get involved with together2 in your neighbourhood.